Bringing It All Together - Combining Traditional Vet Therapy & Veterinary Botanical Therapy.
Pastern Dermatitis i.e "Mud Fever"
1) With a small square of towelling, remove debris & scabs by GENTLY pressing a warm mix of Chlorhexidine in water onto the pastern. DON"T RUB - just press & soak. Discard the towel, use a new piece every day.
2)Repeat daily until all lesions are removed. Be patient, it may take a few days; be gentle so your horse doesn't resent treatment.
3) Dry thoroughly by GENTLY pressing a fresh piece of towel onto pastern.
Allow some time to airdry. Massage HPVet Dermatitis Balm in thoroughly.
4)If possible, stable horse at night to ensure leg has at least 8 hours on dry ground. Protect from moisture during day with waterproof leg wraps.
5) Therapeutic Laser Therapy can be used for several days to expediate the wound healing process.
6) Biopsy, antibiotics & anti-inflammatories may be required in non-responsive cases. Click on each photo for more information
Gastric Ulcers in Horses
Stress situations, periods without food, illness & injury can all result in the development of gastric ulcers. Along with trusted medications such as Omeprazole, we can add to our management with the following:
1) Turmeric has been involved in university studies where results have shown the healing of ulcers has occurred in the squamous part of the stomach. Turmeric must be compounded specifically so it is properly absorbed to be effective.
2) Slippery Elm powder has been thoroughly studied & proven to heal stomach ulcers. It works has a mucilage which coats the stomach lining. Because of this action, Slippery Elm will prevent absorption of other additives so must be fed alone in a feed.
Grass Seed in Dog Paw
1. Clip hair from paw to allow proper examination.
2. Soak paw in warm water, thoroughly dry.
3. Apply HP Vet Grass Seed Poultice to a swab and tuck in between the toes. Wrap paw with padding, then wrap with adhesive bandage. Ensure paw is wrapped from joint to include entire paw; do not wrap tight.
4. Examine with good light & tweezers after 24 hr. Grass seed awls may be removed with tweezers.
5. If no awl seen, repeat poultice 2-3 times.
This is your Project description. Provide a brief summary to help visitors understand the context and background of your work. Click on "Edit Text" or double click on the text box to start.